July 9, 2013 at 11:07 pm #1675
“Can a Forum be sorted with the most recent comments, and the reply window, at the top, instead of at the bottom”July 9, 2013 at 11:19 pm #1679
The comments and requests we receive are forwarded to the plugin and software developers so that they can integrate them in their updates. This is an open source software so we are dependent on the developers who improve it. They may or not decide to integrate what we suggest. So we count on you to provide the maximum of support to 'advocate' an enhancement request, and the maximum of analysis of a bug or issue in order to help its resolution.
We are constantly trying to improve the tools and forums in particular.
So to address this specific question:
July 11, 2013 at 11:01 am #1695
- Next release the forum will be threaded.
- Other questions have been submitted,
- Anything on the layout side can be done by programmers. So if you member of CAN can program or find programmers who can help do what you would like to see, don't hesitate to let us know!
@jessie-Henshaw says "The text at the top of a forum page makes it look like the main group page, not a group/forum/topic page. Ideally the first post starting the forum topic is what you’d see as the text at the top, along with the group name and the words “Forum” and “Topic”, right? That’s how it is on LinkedIn, also an example of a more compact layout, though also without readily found permalinks."
July 11, 2013 at 11:07 am #1696
- All pages of a group have the same heading with the group description on it. The group extras plugin that we are currently testing enables to create a custom description home page and to have a very light description displayed on all other pages. Did you test it Jessie?
- First post issue under the bar: I have already notified support about this. Hopefully it will be changed in the next release.
- More compact layout: need programmers or time to find the right theme! see my response above. Let's also see in the next release.
"Interestingly, on the CA group Forum topic I created, there are active edit options on the header of the initial message. So apparently it’s possible for those to be turned on in other forums too. http://commonsabundance.net/groups/sdg-development/forum/topic/record-reports-and-notes-on-the-sdg-dialog/"
and " It’d be good to have a “delete” option too, for the admin or one’s own comments, so irrelevant or mistaken posts can be weeded out. "
Jessie, you are an admin of the sdg development group. Edit and delete options are always on for group admins and moderators. Edit options are set to 5 mins for participants.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.