Rogue html code appearing in forum posts

Home Page Forums Help & Support – Share Ideas Rogue html code appearing in forum posts

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Helene Finidori Helene Finidori 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Helene Finidori
    Helene Finidori
    Keymaster

So I made some tests with text pasted 'normally' from MS Word, yahoo mail and Gmail (i don't use outlook), but from a Mac. And everything was normal. It seems the normal paste and the paste from word keep the formatting.

@jessie-henshaw, could you do some testing to see if this is better for you? Thanks 🙂

Helene Finidori
    Keymaster

It appears that any text entered by @jessie-henshaw whether on the spacial plain text pastes or directly in the html box generates additional html that becomes visible on posts.

This is not linked to browsers as we tried several. It may be linked to Windows 7, or windows in general (i’m on a mac with zero problems). Could you confirm please, @lisinka and @ellen-friedman what operating system you are using.

It also seems that once a topic has been ‘corrupted’ some of the posts by people who had no problems start to become corrupt also…

I have therefore switched back to the ‘normal’ forum editor without fancy editing. Where you will have to code your bolds and italics, hopefully, the links work. Here’s a try to the newly available chatroom: http://commonsabundance.net/chat-room/

I’m on a mac and also haven’t had any problems.
    Ellen

Helene Finidori
    Keymaster

Actually @ellen-friedman you have (had problems), your two latest posts had html in them, so it seems that my hypothesis of topics being corrupted when the issue appears once stands… Hence switching to the basic forum editor. I think this is a known problem…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.