What's a "project"

Home Page Forums Help & Support – Share Ideas What's a "project"

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Helene Finidori Helene Finidori 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

H. I tried to create a "project" called "Open Project" on the CAUN group and, it seems with one click created something kind of dysfunctional I can't erase…    I don't see how the admin controls work.   Just clicking an option and saving seems not to be reversible.   Is that the extent of the controls, that tool bar at the top?

If my suggestion to Lisinka is taken we can just use the CAUN group forum.   Is there any option for a 2nd Forum?

Jessie

Profile photo of Helene Finidori
    Helene Finidori
    Keymaster

Jessie, this question is quite valid so I will not delete it.

I wonder what you did to get there… Projects are not created from the admin. Projects are created from the group's menu. The projects on admin is about enabling and disabling the project feature. If you changed the slug and the name of the project tab in the admin, it would have changed the pathways to get to the project page where projects are created (that would be the slug), and would explain now why it can't find the project page nor access to project in admin.

Actually I was planning to totally deactivate the project plugin because it does not work so well. And I guess we could do well with using groups for organizations, project groups or work groups, and sort out the various projects or sub projects they have via tags, and on the custom pages that I have enabled for the UN Advocacy group

If you have a project, why don't you create it as a doc or embedded titanpad for a start? And have a look finally at the possibilities on these extra custom pages that are now enabled? You can access these pages from 'home' in the group. Don't change anything in Extras from the admin menu!

Helene

PS: It's strange that you've been posting normally on the issues forum, and now all of the sudden there's this html again…

Helene Finidori
    Keymaster

Jessie I tried to reproduce what may have happened, and indeed, when you change the slug it loses access. Do you remember what you put in the tab slug box in the admin project page?

Helene Finidori
    Keymaster

@jessie-henshaw. Jessie, I have settled the project group issue I think. Take a look at the sample project group in the toolbox menu, and what I have done on the Institutionalizing the commons group. Why don't you create a 'Commons as a complex living system' project group to dig deeper in all your preferred subjects? I would join you there, and I'm sure @june-gorman would too.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.