This group focuses on the transformative aspects of the commons as core paradigm for systemic change, as a follow up of the Commons Culture Communication side event of the Economy and the Commons Conference 2013, and as a place to gather the various streams of work on the subject.
We are currently working on exploring:
- how various movements for change could discover the way they relate to each other and to the commons,
- how a commons logic could help individual actions,
- how disparate actions could converge to strengthen the commons as a whole,
- how the commons could become the link that could bring together disparate efforts for social change
- how we could develop a heuristics for discussing the commons and derive a pattern language or transition informing and forming language to help the above
- how this could form the basis of a political philosophy
In the following venues:
- Here, in an on-going discussion. Check our main papers and discussions page, our activity, our links
- The DEEEP Johannesburg Conference on Building a Global Citizens Movement on Nov 11-13, 2013
- The Workshop on the Ostrom Workshop at Indiana University 18-21st June 2014
Welcome to this work group!